Here is a post i found in Mashable.com which has a list of 40 ways you can access your computer remotely. Hope you guys like it as much as I did. Enjoy guys!!
- Ajax VNC - Clientless VNC solution in the web’s favorite programming language.
- Apple Remote Desktop - Apple’s jumped on the remote desktop bandwagon with this great VNC server built right into OS X.
- Chicken of the VNC - One of the most popular VNC clients for OS X under the GPL.
- DirectVNC - UNIX client using the framebuffer device via DirectFB.
- FVNC - Great VNC client written in Flash. That’s right, Flash.
- MetaVNC - This unique client/server package merges the host and remote desktops together into one Windows or Linux desktop.
- .NET VNC Viewer - C# viewer that works with Windows and Windows Mobile/CE devices.
- PowerVNC - Java-based client with support for SSH and SFTP.
- RealVNC - Server/client from the original VNC developers.
- sVNC - The perfect tool for offering remote assistance to Mac users, since there’s barely any configuring required.
- SymVNC - Symbian phone client for connecting to your PC.
- TightVNC - Popular VNC server/client with nice Java applet.
- TurboVNC - TightVNC spinoff with great support for 3D apps.
- UltraVNC - Wildly popular client/server app with file transfer, video drivers, chat, and much more.
- Vine Server - OS X server with clipboard sharing, port changing, and a universal binary.
- VncViewer for 8086 - Got an old IBM running FreeDOS or DOS? Put it to work with this VNC client.
- VNCViewer for PocketPC - Client for, you guessed it, PocketPC users.
- x11vnc - Unlike most other VNC servers for UNIX and Linux, this server lets you share your current desktop session (instead of a separate session).
- FreeNX - Open source server using the libraries from NoMachine.
- NoMachine NX Client - Free client to connect to NX machines.
- NoMachine NX Free Edition - NX server for UNIX/Linux.
- NoMachine NX Enterprise Desktop - Server that includes everything that the free edition has, but with unlimited users (unlike the free version’s two).
- NoMachine NX Small Business Server - NX server targeting small businesses.
- NoMachine NX Enterprise Server - NX Server with unlimited users and unlimited connections.
- NoMachine NX Advanced Server Subscription - Everything that the Enterprise server has, plus multi-node capabilities.
Remote Desktop Protocol
- CoRD - Remote desktop client for Mac OS X users.
- grdestkop - Gnome wrapper for the rdesktop application.
- krdesktop - rdesktop frontend written in KDE.
- properJavaRDP - Cross-platform Java client based on rdesktop.
- rdesktop - Extremely powerful command-line client for UNIX/Linux.
- Remote Desktop - Microsoft’s official server, for XP Pro and Vista.
- xrdp - Serves an X window session to incoming Windows clients.
- Connection Manager - VNC, RDP, and Telnet manager for UNIX/Linux distros.
- KDE Desktop Sharing - The official KDE VNC server package.
- KDE Remote Desktop Connection - The official KDE client for RDP and VNC.
- Kurd - Great rdesktop/vncviewer frontend for KDE.
- mRemote - Manage VNC and RDP connections on Windows with this handy app.
- RDPMan - A little utility to manage RDP, VNC, and Telnet connections for Windows.
- CrossLoop - Easy-to-use remote access utility with file sharing and a multilingual interface.
- GoToMyPC - Extremely popular remote access program for ~$25/month.
- LogMeIn - Remote access app with a free and a pro ($12.95/month) version with file transfer, remote printing, and more.
- Unyte - Nice remote desktop server with a Java applet viewer and IM integration.
40+ ways to access your computer remotely Reviewed by Bobby Gabriel on 11:55 AM Rating: